- 1 Where is there no legal drinking age?
- 2 What country has the highest legal drinking age?
- 3 Can you drink at 14 in Germany?
- 4 Where is the drinking age 16?
- 5 What country has a drinking age of 13?
- 6 What country has the youngest smoking age?
- 7 What is the oldest legal drinking age in the world?
- 8 What is Japan’s drinking age?
- 9 Can you drink at 13 in Germany?
- 10 What things are banned in Germany?
- 11 Can a 16 year old American drink in Germany?
- 12 Can you drink at 16 in Ireland?
- 13 Can you drink at 16 in Poland?
- 14 Which state can you drink at 18?
Where is there no legal drinking age?
1. Armenia. The landlocked country located between Asia & Europe also used to be a part of the Soviet Union. There are no drinking or purchasing laws in Armenia.
What country has the highest legal drinking age?
Surprisingly, this is one of the highest drinking ages in the world. Just to the north of the U.S. is Canada, which has a legal drinking age of 18 to 19.
Can you drink at 14 in Germany?
The legal drinking age in Germany is 16, though kids must wait until they’re 18 to drink spirits. That five-year difference to the US, where the drinking age is 21, appears to be significant.
Where is the drinking age 16?
In Europe, the most average (median) alcohol minimum purchasing age is 18 years old. But some countries ( Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain ) still set the minimum age at 16.
What country has a drinking age of 13?
Champagne often flows when toasting to the new year – but at what age can most young people legally start sipping bubbly? Around the world, the age when it’s legal to purchase or be served most alcohol products varies from 13 in Burkina Faso to 25 in Eritrea.
What country has the youngest smoking age?
Iraq, Palestine and Egypt are among the countries with the lowest stipulated age limit – 14. And in three countries – Antigua and Babuda, Belize (both in the Americas) and Gambia (Africa) – there is no age limit at all.
What is the oldest legal drinking age in the world?
Of the 190 countries, 61% have a drinking age of 18 or 19 years old. The United States and 11 other countries have an MLDA of 21 years old, the highest MLDA of all the countries where it is legal to drink (although some areas of India have drinking ages as high as 25 and 30 years old).
What is Japan’s drinking age?
The legal drinking age in Japan is 20. While this age differs from country by country, as long as you’re over 20 years of age, you’re free to drink in Japan. (Just be sure to bring your passport with you for ID.) As in many other countries, people under the legal age of 20 also cannot purchase alcohol.
Can you drink at 13 in Germany?
In Germany, there are 3 drinking ages: 13 – minors are allowed to consume beer or wine with their parents or legal guardian. 16 – minors are allowed to consume beer or wine without their parents or legal guardian. 18 – adults are allowed to consume distilled alcohol.
What things are banned in Germany?
10 Strange German Laws (Fact vs. Fiction)
- It’s illegal to run out of fuel on the Autobahn.
- It’s forbidden to work in an office without window.
- It’s forbidden to tune the piano at midnight.
- It’s forbidden to keep urns at home.
- It’s illegal to hang the laundry on Sunday.
Can a 16 year old American drink in Germany?
At 16 – minors are allowed to consume and possess undistilled (fermented) alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine in public places, bars or restaurants without their parents or a Custodian. (§ 9 JuSchG (1) 2.)
Can you drink at 16 in Ireland?
Ireland’s drinking laws are pretty crystal clear – the legal drinking age in Ireland is 18. That means you need to be 18 to buy a drink in a pub or to buy any form of alcohol from a store. For anyone below 18 years of age to pretend that they are over 18 in order to buy or consume alcohol.
Can you drink at 16 in Poland?
Poland has no specific laws regulating alcohol consumption. It is strictly prohibited to sell or offer alcohol to young people under the age of 18 years. Likewise, underage drinking is not allowed in licensed bars and restaurants.
Which state can you drink at 18?
Plus, in North Carolina, you can pour beer and wine at eighteen, but not liquor until you are 21. As you can see, it quickly gets confusing when it comes to the minimum legal age and liquor. There are only five states with no exceptions to the federal law: Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, New Hampshire, and West Virginia.