- 1 What state can you drink at 18?
- 2 Can you drink at 18 in Chicago?
- 3 When did Illinois lower drinking age to 19?
- 4 Can my 18 year old drink alcohol at home?
- 5 Can you drink under 21 with a parent?
- 6 What is the youngest drinking age in any country?
- 7 What can u do at 18 in Illinois?
- 8 What can I do at 18 in Chicago?
- 9 What can you do at 18 in Chicago?
- 10 What was drinking age in Illinois 1978?
- 11 Why is the drinking age not 18?
- 12 Can you drink under 21 with a parent in Florida?
What state can you drink at 18?
Plus, in North Carolina, you can pour beer and wine at eighteen, but not liquor until you are 21. As you can see, it quickly gets confusing when it comes to the minimum legal age and liquor. There are only five states with no exceptions to the federal law: Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, New Hampshire, and West Virginia.
Can you drink at 18 in Chicago?
In Chicago, for example, you must be 21 to sell/serve alcohol and those under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter a bar/tavern. One state law that cannot be changed, however, is the legal drinking age of 21.
When did Illinois lower drinking age to 19?
Both states increased their drinking age from 18 to 20 in 1979. In Illinois, 18- and 19-year-olds could legally drink beer and wine but not other alcoholic beverages between 1973 and 1979.
Can my 18 year old drink alcohol at home?
California alcohol laws let those of any age below 21 have alcohol in private locations. Except in vehicles. They may drink if a parent, guardian, spouse or other responsible relative age 21 or older is present.
Can you drink under 21 with a parent?
Only a parent or guardian (or a person authorised by the parent or guardian) may supply alcohol to a minor at an unlicensed premises (including a family home), however the supply must be consistent with the responsible supervision of the minor.
What is the youngest drinking age in any country?
Youngest Drinking Age At least eight countries and regions have set their MLDA at 16 years. These countries include Barbados, the British Virginia Islands, Cuba, Luxembourg, Panama, Serbia, Serbia, and Zimbabwe.
What can u do at 18 in Illinois?
You have the right to:
- Vote & serve on a jury.
- Make a will.
- Sue in your own name.
- Make a contract (rent an apartment, buy a car, take out a loan)
- Get medical treatment.
- Be completely independent from your parents.
- Apply for credit in your own name.
- Get married, without parental consent.
What can I do at 18 in Chicago?
Here’s a quick list of what you can legally do:
- Buy and collect winnings from a lottery ticket.
- Buy pornography.
- Go to most strip clubs.
- Work at a strip club.
- Apply for a loan (so you can buy the lottery tickets and pornography)
- Get a hotel room.
- Change your name.
- Skydive and bungee jump.
What can you do at 18 in Chicago?
Here are 21 things you must do in Chicago that don’t require alcohol.
- Watch the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
- Spend a Day at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Eat at a Classic Chicago Restaurant.
- Take a Boat Tour Down the River.
- Walk down the Magnificent Mile.
- Explore the Museums and Museum Campus.
- Hang out at the beach.
What was drinking age in Illinois 1978?
1978: Raised to 21 in 1978 (Dec 21), 18 days later.
Why is the drinking age not 18?
In short, we ended up with a national minimum age of 21 because of the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984. This law basically told states that they had to enact a minimum drinking age of 21 or lose up to 10 percent of their federal highway funding.
Can you drink under 21 with a parent in Florida?
Note that unlike other states, Florida does not allow parents to authorize underage alcohol possession at home, and it prohibits selling or giving alcohol to minors, even if it is parents buying alcohol for minors. It is illegal for parents to allow their minor child to consume alcohol even in a licensed establishment.